- All students will come prepared to take a class in the proper dance wear, with hair in a secured bun (please see dress code).
- There will be no chewing gum in the studio at any time. Water can be brought into class or purchased at the studio. No other beverages are allowed.
- We are a drop off/pick up facility. There is no parking permitted in front of the orange cones.This is for the safety of our children.
- Students are asked to call in all absences. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND, CREDIT, OR MAKE-UPS FOR MISSED CLASSES.
- Attendance at all dress rehearsals and performances is mandatory for all students. All students will perform in our annual June recital. Further, all students are required to perform through “The Grand Finale.” No parent is permitted to gather dancers’ belongings during the recital. If a student is not available for the entire performance, that student will not be permitted to perform.
- No videotaping or flash photography at dress rehearsals or performances.
- Permission for the use of your dancer’s photos/videos is assumed unless otherwise noted in writing.
- Hair must be pulled back in a tight, secure, high bun for all classes. Dress code and hair is strictly enforced. Recital tights are Revolution Theatrical Pink Seamed Tights and Capezio Hold and Stretch Suntan Tights.
- Princess Ballet, Princess Ballet & All That Jazz, Little Rock Stars, Broadway Bound, Combo Classes (Ballet/Jazz 1, Ballet/Tap 1, etc) Level 1, Fairytale Dance, Creative Movement, Disney Dance: Light pink leotard, pink seamed convertible tights, pink canvas split-sole ballet shoes, black tap shoes if in tap combo class.
- Glee/Musical Theater: Leotard of choice with pink tights. Ballet and jazz shoes.
- Mini, Junior & Senior Team Workshops: Black or Red leotard with Revolution pink seamed tights and pink ballet shoes in canvas split sole.
- Ballet Workshops, Master Ballet & Contemporary Ballet: Any color leotard. Pink seamed convertible tights, pink canvas split-sole ballet shoes and/or pointe shoes.
- Contemporary, Lyrical, Contemporary Lyrical, Improv, All Fusion Classes: Leotard of your choice, tights in tan, pink, or black. Lyrical shoes: Tan canvas half shoe or turning shoes. Contemporary & Fusion Classes: foot undies or bare feet.
- Competitive Jazz, Jazz/Funk, Broadway Jazz, Sassy Jazz: Leotard of your choice, tights in tan, pink, or black. Jazz shoes: tan split – sole leather jazz shoe.
- Tap: Leotard of your choice, tights in tan, pink, or black, tap shoes: black split-sole, Oxford type. If in a Tap Combo class please wear appropriate leotard (black or pink) with convertible pink seamed tights.
- Jump/Turn: Leotard of your choice, tights in tan, pink, or black. Jazz, Lyrical, or Ballet Shoes.
- All Other Ballet/Jazz Classes: Black leotard, pink seamed convertible tights, pink canvas split sole ballet shoes.
- Pointe Classes: Any color leotard, pink seamed convertible tights, pink Pointe shoes.
- Pre pointe: Any color leotard, pink seamed convertible tights (to allow for barefeet when necessary for exercises), pink canvas split sole ballet shoes, a light weight resistance band for feet exercises, a notebook. No pointe shoes.
- Hip Hop, Parent & Me, Acrobatics, Toddler Tumble: Appropriate casual attire (loose fitting pants/shorts, leggings, tee shirt/sweatshirt & sneakers, etc.) Hair in a bun, forAcro: no shoes, and we suggest wearing tighter clothes rather than baggy clothes, leotards are great!
- Adult Dance and Conditioning Classes: Appropriate casual attire. Yoga pants or leggings recommended. Studio socks/ballet shoes recommended but not required. Adult ballet needs ballet shoes and Adult Tap needs tap shoes – any that you are comfortable in, we can make recommendations if needed.
- Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT): Leotard of your choice, pink seamed convertible tights, pink canvas split sole ballet shoes. This class also requires an exercise/fit ball (55cm-65cm), small ball, and a resistance/thera-band.
Tuition is due the first week of every month and can either be paid with cash, check, or venmo (@debrasparks5678). Checks should be made out to Debra Sparks Dance Works. You will receive a statement in your email as to how much you owe for the month. Payment can be handed in at the front desk, or left in the lock box to the right of the window.
All payments received past the 10th of each month will incur a $15 late fee each week late. Returned checks will incur a fee of $30.00.
The studio will be closed when public schools are closed due to inclement weather. Please refer to Council Rock School District information for snow closing. We also will close if the governor issues a state of emergency. There are no make-up classes or refunds for inclement weather days.
A costume deposit of $50.00 per costume is due in mid October. Costume balances are due the first week in December.
There are no refunds for costume deposits for any reason.
The DSDW Vision
Ms. Debra’s goal remains as it began in 1984: to teach young, talented children the wonderful art of ballet and dance, to encourage their growth in self-esteem with pride in their accomplishments, and—above all—to instill in them the “love of dance!”